New Year, New Smile?
One of your New Year resolutions?
As we welcome the New Year in with open arms, many of us will grab these entire 365 days in front of us and make the best of them with resolutions to get fit and healthy, quit bad habits and make changes in our life to make it better.
Some people might also decide to improve their smile, which really does make sense to us here at Abbey Road Dental in St John’s Wood. Great smiles matter in life and a great one can really help to give a person confidence inside and out.
Your Abbey Road Dentist can help you successfully achieve that resolution and get the smile you have always dreamt of.
Time, habits and general life can all have a negative effect on our smiles, and sadly, a lot of people become embarrassed about their teeth and resolve to hide their smile, rather than reach out for help. Having a yellowed, stained, wonky, chipped or misaligned smile is nothing to be embarrassed about, and most importantly, it’s important not to let your worry stop you from getting modern treatments to give you the smile you deserve.
At our local north London dentist we have a wide variety of general and cosmetic dentistry options that can completely transform your smile. Perhaps you could benefit from some whitening, veneers, or you require a combination of different treatments with our complete Smile Makeover?
Helping Yourself Towards A Healthier Smile
We can certainly help you get an incredible smile at our NW8 clinic, but there are personal New Year’s resolutions that can help you keep your teeth looking fabulous all year round.
● Quitting Smoking – Known to be a bad habit all round, smoking also stains the teeth, increases your likelihood of developing plaque, puts you at a higher likelihood of gum disease that develops faster than in non-smokers, and also puts you at a higher risk of oral cancer.
● Eating More Fruits And Vegetables – People who don’t eat enough nutrients are also at a higher risk of getting oral cancer, and vitamins and minerals are important for good teeth and gum health.
● Exercise – You might wonder why exercise is important for healthy teeth, after all your teeth can’t do sit-ups! The benefit actually comes from the amount of oxygen getting to your gums. Exercise stimulates blood flow which has a positive effect everywhere in the body blood needs to get to, including your mouth.
● Drinking Water – The whole body needs lots of water (some recommend 8 glasses a day!) to keep it fluid, lubricated and working well. You need to be well hydrated to produce plenty of saliva which is vital for fighting bacteria in the mouth. A dry mouth can also cause bad breath, another great reason to keep your mouth lubricated.
● Oral Hygiene – Brushing twice a day, flossing and visiting your friendly NW8 dentist regularly all make a great oral hygiene routine, vital for good oral health.
Letting Abbey Road Dental Help You Have A More Beautiful Smile
Whether you need in-house whitening, veneers or a complete smile makeover, we can help you get the stunning smile you deserve. With the New Year upon us, its the ideal time to get the smile you have always dreamed of, so you can enjoy the entire year ahead of you, plus many more to come and smiling with confidence from the inside out. Give us a call on 02076241603 and let us help you have the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted.